Monday, February 6, 2012

Melody Monday


Her debut album was just released on January 31st. Her album is already #1 in iTunes purchases in like 7 countries and #2 in many others. She has a sound that is new to our generation, and her videos are beautiful. She is truly an artist......I've had her album playing all week. I think her song "Blue Jeans" is my favorite so far. It's one of those songs I like to turn the volume up and sing out loud. 

"I will love you till the end of time,
I would wait a million years.
Promise you'll remember that you're mine."


I don't think her type of music is for everyone, so you won't hurt my feelings if you don't like it. She's already receiving a lot of hate and critique from people. 







She's on the cover of British Vogue's March issue and she just signed a modeling contract. You go girl!


source



Lana Del Rey's real name is Elizabeth Grant. She was born in New York and is 25 years old. She has been described as a "self-styled gangsta Nancy Sinatra." She said she's influenced by Nirvana, Elvis, and Frank Sinatra.

Here's what she says about her name "Lana Del Rey":

“I wanted a name I could shape the music towards. I was going to Miami quite a lot at the time, speaking a lot of Spanish with my friends from Cuba — Lana Del Rey reminded us of the glamour of the seaside. It sounded gorgeous coming off the tip of the tongue.”

Happy Monday, hope you have a great week!





3 comments:

  1. Wow, how have I not heard of her yet? Thanks for sharing! Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lana Del Ray, I don't care that most people right now don't! She dresses amazing too. My favorite is 'You Can be the Boss".

    Rachael
    lightasafeatherblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like her music but on some of her songs like Video Games, I actually prefer people doing covers on YouTube. I think it's weird that she re-invented herself like that, but her songs are catchy, so it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to share!