Friday, April 15, 2011

DIY Camera Bag



Oh man, it's been a tough week, but I finally found time to make my own camera bag. After much research online to find the perfect bag, and realizing that I would have spend at least $80 to get a bag that I really liked, I decided to DIY a bag. 

I spent about $45 to make this bag (Purse from Target=$35, supplies=$10). So if you already have your own bag, this project can be really cheap! I was looking for a cute bag that I could wear across my body that could also carry my personal items. (The picture really doesn't do the purse justice).

I went to Joanna's Fabrics and bought foam, fabric, and thread. Then I measured the inside of the purse and cut out the foam. After breaking the needle on my sewing machine and getting the thread jammed several times, I completed the project. Oh, and I had to hand sew all the velcro because I forgot to do it before sewing the fabric over the foam. 

I measured the sides wrong, but this allows it to adjust to which lens I have on my camera and gives it a snug fit to protect it. The extra padding sticking out is where my wallet will go. 




The bag also has multiple pockets to keep my other personal belongings and I can just take the padding out if I want to use it as just a purse. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow I will be cleaning like a mad woman getting reading for a BBQ were are having with some friends. Mr. Brilliant went out fishing today, so we could cook up some fresh fish! Yummy!


To my friends out in blogland, sorry for the lack of commenting from me this week. It's been a stressful week. I was preparing for an internship interview I had today. They wanted a portfolio with work samples and I had to prepare my answers for their possible questions. The good news is that the interview went well!

Have a nice weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Oh that's so cool! & I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that your interview went well...that is a lot happening in one week! The bag turned out splendidly!! Very nicely done...have a great weekend..you deserve it! Hearts, Janna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea!! I looked and looked for a camera bag. I finally got one, it wasn't too pricey either:) I found it on sale on amazon for 45 bucks! Score! haha. Mine isn't as cute as this though, but it is practical as well with tons of pockets! Glad to hear your interview went well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea!! I looked and looked for a camera bag. I finally got one, it wasn't too pricey either:) I found it on sale on amazon for 45 bucks! Score! haha. Mine isn't as cute as this though, but it is practical as well with tons of pockets! Glad to hear your interview went well:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super job on your bag. So happy your interview went well. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag is so cute! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. K this is such a cool idea! I was thinking about just buying the camera bag insert but now I think I might do it myself. Thanks (:

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to share!