Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DIY: Frame Collage


I've been inspired by many photo collages in blog land, and I finally got around to making one. (The wall is actually light gray, but in the picture it looks yellow). Every time I go to thrift stores I check out their frame section and over the last few months I've collected all these frames. I try to get different sizes with different borders so they don't match. I still need to put pictures in the oval frames. Or maybe not, I kind of like how it looks. 


Frames Before



A trip to Michael's to pick up some paint.



Laying out the frames to decide the design. Lia wanted to help out, but she fell asleep on the job.



Tada! As you can see, the huge wall needed something there. 


These ones I made and ordered prints. 
 Arrow border graphic from Amy Morby




Are you working on any projects for your home?


19 comments:

  1. That's freaking awesome! I love picture walls, especially if they have random frames in them like yours. If I had my own house, and wasn't renting, I would have a picture wall up in a jiff! And the best thing about them is that you can change the pictures around any time you like :)

    So much for help from the pups hey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your collage diy ... it turned out so great! I am a sucker for framing sweet quotes like the ones you chose :)

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful project and display!!! Excellent job!!

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is so adorable! so happy to have found you! loving the collage!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Especially the colors you used!
    Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great DIY- my dogs hate the loud noises too :) and they are terrified of the broom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out beautifully! I love the mixture of frame colors! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to do this so badly! i like the ovals without anything in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! You did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I have a wall in desperate need of this! Thanks for sharing. :)

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the collage idea! I did this with some old family photos when we bought our house. Goodwill is a great place to find funky frames!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! Wonderful job. Thank you for the oh so sweet comment!
    xo, Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh I love your picture frame wall!! It adds so much character!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this project! i really want to do this to my living room, working on a couple house projects this weekend, changing up my living room decor, i made coasters using tiles the other day i love house projects! following you now

    ReplyDelete
  15. this frame collage is so wonderful! the end result looks amazing. <3 it makes a home so much more home-y and warm! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is awesome !i would love to show you what i've done to my dining area, something like this but b&w. but its soo good anyways to see others make it themselves x it came out so nice too x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to share!