Tuesday, November 8, 2011

5 Pound Lobster


Well it was closer to 5 1/2 pounds (we weighed it). This was the biggest lobster my husband has ever caught! The lobster to the right is the size you normally catch. 
 

Evie had to take a closer look. It was still alive and moving around. 


This lobster must have been really old to get so big. Mr. Brilliant said the small one on the right is at least 7 years old, so you can only imagine how long it took for the big one to grow so large. 



Here's the pot we had to use to cook it. Fresh lobster is the best! 


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that lobster is huge. You could have put him in a kiddie pool out back and charged people like a dollar to see him. Geez Louise.

    -Arielle
    www.humblepievintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word that thing is HUGE! I love lobster, but always feel so bad knowing that they boil alive before we enjoy them! :/

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man that thing is HUGE! Lucky your pup didn't get her nose clamped! hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is pretty mind blowing to me! I'm not even sure that the one on the right is as big as the ones we normally get at red lobster! Haha!
    That big one is HUGE!
    Were you afraid that they might pinch your pup?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize that that was real at first. I figured it was a metal ornament. That lobsert is huge!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to share!