Monday, January 9, 2012

Melody Monday



It's the first Melody Monday of the year! I still can't believe we are in 2012. Crazyness. 
This last week I have been listening to the song "What the water gave me" by Florence + the Machine a lot, so I'm featuring her on today's post. Her beautiful voice and melodies make my ears smile. 









I think the way she chose the band name is neat story.

"The name 'Florence and the Machine' started off as a private joke that got out of hand. I made music with my friend, who we called Isabella Machine, to which I was Florence Robot. When I was about an hour away from my first gig, I still didn't have a name, so I thought 'O.K., I'll be Florence Robot/Isa Machine,' before realizing that name was so long, it'd drive me mad." Welch shortened the name, and "Florence and the Machine" was born. The friend Welch refers to is Isabella "Machine" Summers, who still performs with Welch as her regular keyboard player. (source)
Is there a song you've had on repeat all week? Tell me in the comments! I'd love to hear!





5 comments:

  1. I love Florence! I really need to listen to more of her music.
    And I love the way she chose her name too! That's too neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup..Her voice is stellar...Listening to your playlist as I close up the office.. Very nice! Thanks for suggestion!


    Janette, the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her voice is so odd and haunting. Thanks for the playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Florence and the Machine! I have been meaning to check out the new album! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with everything Florence and the Machine related! Also, I really, really enjoy pretty much anything and everything you post on your blog! If you're interested, you're welcome to follow me, too, otherwise, keep blogging & I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to share!