Friday, March 4, 2011

Sea Creatures & an Owl

Hello lovely readers! I've been so sick lately! I know know many out there in blog land have been out sick. I even missed work yesterday. Just stuffed up and all around not feeling well. I think at one point I had a temperature. But now my cold is on it's way out and I have the weekend to recover, thank goodness :)

My husband volunteers at a nature center and tonight they had an event to celebrate new sea life exhibits that have handmade glass work in them. These pieces of glass will be up for sale in September. We got to go to the VIP cocktail hour for the artists, board members, and even the city mayor!

Here are some of the awesome exhibits they had. All the decorations in the tank are made of glass. My husband set up the lighting for all of them.





Can you find the eel?



My husband gets to work with the birds too. This is him holding an owl. 



8 comments:

  1. Wow, those are so pretty! Gorgeous colours. And that owl is the cutest little thing (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful!
    The eel blends in so well.

    And what a gorgeous little owl that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon! :) I loooove your pictures..so lovely...and the owl that your hubs is holding is so hootingly adorable! Hearts, Janna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing glss works :)

    I've been some ill defined kind of ill for the past few days as well. Shivery, weak dizzy bleh I never seem to run a fever so I always feel a little bit like a faker when I take a day off work.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get feeling better soon!! That looks like such an awesome exhibit! Your hubs is lucky to get to work with owls!! These pictures are awesome too btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingggg pictures and that is such a cool place to volunteer!! Sorry you were sick...being sick stinks! Hope you are all better now!
    Janette, the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tiger fish and what a sweet owl!

    Please get to feeling better soon Breeanna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS! Finally got my blog buttons! Thanks to AmyLou who helped me! Yay! Check um out!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to share!